Terri started her career in retail management. Emersed in the pressurised environment of merchandising, customer service, staff recruitment and maximising profits. From here she became an A-level lecturer in psychology. Planning curriculums, facilitating learning and tutoring students. She was also a mentor and support for talented, gifted students often displaying complex psychological, emotional and social needs.
She then became an Ofsted registered childminder and respite foster carer. Providing education, care responsibilities and development tasks to children aged between 0 to 16 years. Also involved in providing emergency placements to vulnerable children in social services, probation services, immigration and domestic violence women’s refuge.
Across all her job roles, it has always been about the people for Terri and how she can facilitate their learning or working practices. Looking for ways they can have the most positive experience to enable their innate well-being.
Coaching is the ultimate tool for co-creating positive outcomes and supporting people to reach their potential or achieve their goals. She has a keen interest in psychology, human behaviour and enabling thriving relationships. Coaching is so powerful it is her dream job.
My ‘why’ for Coaching
“Helping others means they feel valued, heard, seen and able to access their strengths to reach their potential. It’s about supporting their growth and learning to access their innate wisdom and well-being. It means I have the honour to co-create, witness or facilitate their goals, living to my values and holding them in positive regard.”
Specific areas of expertise
- Transformational coaching – a belief that our minds and hearts are our greatest tools. Her passion as a coach is to unlock our inner wisdom, dig deep and unleash our innate strengths. To fully embrace who we are, even the parts kept hidden, and uncover the real issue or challenge beneath the surface.
- Transitions coaching – enabling thriving relationships throughout our lifespan. Nurturing changes as a period of growth, learning, empowerment and opportunity. Specialising in midlife coaching and positive ageing.
- Integrative coaching – utilising positive psychology, creativity, and intuitive coaching practices.
Core Values for Coaching
- Connection – relating to individuals on their level
- Curiosity – always asking questions
- Creativity – considering different perspectives
- Gratitude – thankful for sharing difficult themes
- Safety – creating a protective environment
Clients who would benefit from her Coaching
Businesses that have put the well-being of their staff at the forefront of the organisation’s policies. They invest in solutions and listen to the needs of employees which in turn enables the company to grow. More recently the focus has been on investing in menopause policies and procedures for entire teams as this has an impact on everyone.
What does helping others mean to you?
“My mission is to help others see they can overcome any obstacle, unlock their inner wisdom, discover innate strengths and power to achieve their goals or dreams within a co-creative, supportive coaching container.”
- Masters in Applied Positive Psychology & Coaching Psychology (MAPPCP)
- currently end date May 2023.
- Holistic Modalities Certificate. The Coaching Masters 2022
- Certificate in Self coaching & Personal Awareness with Transactional Analysis 2022
- Certified DISC Trainer Level one 2022
- Diploma in Coaching Optimus Academy ICF ACTP June 2022 (ACC expected November 2022)
- Certificate in Uncommon psychotherapy 2021
- Certificate in Early Years Practice 2011
- Certificate in Equality & Diversity 2011
- Diploma in Home Based Childcare, NVQ Level 3 in Children’s Learning & Development, Award in Play work Level 3 2010
- Diploma in Counselling & Psychodynamics 2009
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy 2009
- Professional Key Skills Certificate 2004
- PGCE (Post Compulsory) Suffolk College 2004
- BTEC Level 3 & 4 Management 1997/1998
- BA(HONS) Social Science 2.1-degree Westminster University 1991
- 3 A Levels
- 9 GCSEs
Certificate in: NLP, Timeline Therapy, Reiki practitioner level 1 & 2, Personal Transformation coach, Breakthrough Coach & 40+ trainings related to childcare, including safeguarding, pediatric first aid, etc.